Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Meeces...

I have looked at a lot of blogs in the last couple of days, many of them have pictures of the snow storm that hit the East Coast. It was a big event; I took some photos too, but I'm not going to share them today. Let me tell you a little about the snow storm before I move on. We ended up with 19 inches of the white stuff. Most people would say...ugggh...but I love snow, my response is usually yippeeee! It took us several hours to dig out, even with a snow blower. I feel for those who had to dig out the old fashioned way, with a large snow shovel and a strong back. I bet there were a lot of sore backs after this storm.

When it snows, I usually start baking or I pull out a favorite soup recipe. This time I pulled out my sewing machine. I had cut these little meeces out over a month ago. I was going to do them for an ornament exchange but elected to do something else because of time constraints. These little guys are a design by Old Road Primitives, they are part of the "I'll be back: Frosty the snowman hat" pattern. When I received the pattern, the little mouse on the hat made me think of an ornament. I hope to make the hat before I put all my winter crafting stuff away.
BTW, the word "meeces is actually in the dictionary. You can find it at dictionary.com.







I don’t know where the coffee went this morning but the pot went dry fast. Maybe it’s the late night I had last night and I needed the extra “oomph” today. I wrote two posts and worked on the meeces until after midnight. So, don’t stop here, check out the peanut brittle recipe below.

12 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

These are adorable! I love them!
~ Lisa

The Olde Country Cupboard said...

Hi,
I love these, I have that pattern also.
You did a great job.
sandy

Tammy said...

Omg Willa! Those are just too cute!!! Love them!

Tammy

I Play Outside The Box said...

Simply adorable!!

Frugal Tumbleweed Acres said...

I love meeses. They are so cute. You do have a way with them gal.
Marj M.

Tasha Posey said...

Wow these are wonderful. Makes me want to go buy the pattern just to make a whole family of mice for my tree next year. Tasha P.

Marie said...

Awww!!!! They are so cute. You did a fantastic job Willa. Happy Holidays!!!

Peaches23 said...

SO ADORABLE WILLA!!

Lynn Barbadora said...

Those are adorable Willa! Now I wouldn't mind some of those in my house!
Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Lynn

Country Lane Peddler said...

So cute and sweet...love how you arranged them!

Nancy said...

Sweet beyond words. Love the meeses!!

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Thank you for your sweet comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...