Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snowman Ornie Tutorial

Top Hat Snowman Ornie
I have finally gotten myself together for the snowman ornie tut. The last ornies I made were for gifts so I didn’t’ have those around to use for my photos, I had to start from the beginning just like you. I hope you enjoy making these, I can tell you they certainly look cute on the tree. As a disclaimer I should add, I am completely responsible for any mistakes in this Tut, spelling, grammar, syntax, and other written errors but please permit me a few errors as I am typing this as fast as possible to get it on my blog tonight. I have a bedtime of 8PM since I get up at 2:10AM and it is now 6:30PM. I have no time to do this later in the week for I still have Christmas shopping to do plus preparing for my Sweetie’s birthday. So, if you read this and there are a few simple errors please excuse me but if I have completely baffled you and you have a question, feel free to email me at mntpeeps@yahoo.com. OK, lets get started...




Supplies:
Round wooden balls at least 1.5 inches.
Black Felt
Red Fleece
Americana paints: Black, Buttermilk, Cadmium Red, Burnt Orange.
Toothpicks
Christmas greenery
Rusty bells
Small tags or round tags
Rusty wire.
Cinnamon
Elmer’s Glue
Glamour dust or Diamond Dust.





Instructions: Paint the wooden ball with Buttermilk. Once dry, dry brush the cheeks with Cadmium Red. Dot the eyes with Black and dot the mouth with Black. Paint a tooth pick with Burnt Orange; once it is dried cut the tooth pick down to size. Drill a hole using the appropriate sized drill bit and glue the tooth pick in using Elmer’s glue.

Hats: Please use the hat directions from these two previous Tuts. You will find the pattern and the instructions at the end of this tutorial. It is time consuming to adjust the patterns for these on Blogspot for some reason. If they are not adjusted right they don’t print out correctly. Maybe someone knows an easier way of adjusting the parameters for patterns and can share their secret with me. Don’t forget, the instructions and patterns for the location of the top hat and red hat are at the bottom of this tutorial.


Glue the hats to the top of the head. Add a trim of Chenille around the red hat by using hot glue. Adjust the red hat as desired and hot glue in place. Hot glue on the Christmas greenery, add the tag and the rusty bell. You can also add snowflakes ( cut them from paper using a snow flake cutter) just hot glue them on.

Add rusty hanger.
OK, you are done. Aren’t they cute??? This is a copy righted pattern so please do not copy it to sell as your own pattern and please give credit where credit is due. Make as many of these as you want for yourself, for friends; sell them in your shop or online. I firmly believe that when we give something, something comes back in return. We can enjoy blessings when we freely give something so someone else can enjoy it. So enjoy making these guys, enjoy giving them as gifts and if you put them in your shop, I hope they do so well you won’t be able to keep up with the orders.



These little guys are great to hang on a gift bag or add them to a Christmas wreath. Add names you like to their tags. Adding a round tag would look cute. My DIL picked out one as I was making them and said she would like to have one, and wanted to name it herself. I told her to pick out as many as she wanted ( I was making 6 of them), she picked out 3 and gave 2 of them their own special names. She named one Fredd, another one Bob. She wanted to give the name Bob to one because her husband (my son) is always calling people “Bob” when he can’t remember their name. If I can’t remember someone’s name I call them “Ishcabibbles (Ish-ca-bibbles)” I wonder how that would look on a snowman’s tag. These would also make great as jack-o-lantern ornaments when Halloween rolls around again. Paint the ball orange and add a pointed hat with Halloweenish embellishments. They would look really cute on a Halloween tree.





You can find the inst/pattern for the red hat at: http://www.theoldcupboarddoorblog.com/2009/11/snowmansicle-ornaments.html

You can find the inst/pattern for the top hat at:
http://www.theoldcupboarddoorblog.com/2009/10/jack-o-lantern-pokes.html

13 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Willa! They certainly look cool:) I hope all is well with you. Happy HOlidays!
Hugs~Carol

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!!...I've had these balls for years and now know what I'm going to use them for!! About how much do you sell them for? Thanks!
patti

HollyRidgeCreations said...

Oops, just left a post at the tutorial with the hat patterns. But, that's okay...the same goes for this post...it is wonderful, I am glad I didn't miss it.

Debbie said...

They are so cute! Will have to try this.
Thank you!

*hugs*
Debbie

Barb said...

How fun!! I will have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful stress free holiday!
Barb

Soggibottom said...

Thank you, what happy little guys. :-) x x x

Janice said...

Very Cool, at first before reading I thought they were lightbulbs lol!! I bet you could do it with lightbulbs too!! They would be fragile but cute!! Nice Job tyfs!!

Tina❀ said...

Love them! Will have to "try" to pain these. Thank you for sharing these with us!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, thank you so much. These are just too stinkin' cute! I have got to try these.

Thank you so much!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Thank you for freely sharing Willa! You made it look easy enough that I think I might try it. Bookmarking this page. They are so adorable!

Cheryl said...

AWESOME tut Mizz Willa! Being the proud owner of several of your little snow-folk, I can say with pride in my heart - they are jewels to behold!

LuvYa!

SimplySueSue said...

Sooooo cute, gotta make these along with the icicle snowmen you shared, you are the best!

ButtonsInTheAttic said...

Thank you for sharing!! They are SOOO cute! I am going to have to make several!

Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...