Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A promise kept

Another thing I accomplished while snowbound was making a tried and true recipe for peanut brittle. A good friend reminded me of this favorite recipe last week. In a previous post I promised to share it with my friends in BlogLand. This is a great recipe for those gift baskets that we give out this time of year. So, here's the recipe. I hope you will try it.
Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle
2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
½ cup water
¼ cup butter or margarine (I use butter)
2 cups of raw peanuts *
1 tsp. baking soda
In a 3 quart saucepan, heat together sugar, corn syrup and water, stirring until sugar dissolves. When syrup boils, blend in butter or margarine. Stir frequently after temperature reaches 230 degrees (on candy thermometer). Add peanuts when temperature reaches 280 degrees. Stir constantly to hard crack stage of 305 degrees. Remove from heat. Quickly stir in the soda, mixing well. Pour onto 2 buttered cookie sheets. While the candy is still hot, I pull it so it will be thin. Make sure your hands are buttered for this.

2 comments:

Jane's Designs said...

Thank you for the recipe. It looks yummy. It was my Moms favorite candy. Wish she was still here so that I could make her some.

Country Lane Peddler said...

Mmmm...looks so good! Will have to try it! Thanks miz willa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...