Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Eve. I enjoy the peacefulness of Christmas Eve in our home. All the bustle of shopping, baking, cleaning, wrapping and all the other busyness of the Season is finished. I can actually grab a cookie (with a cup of coffee of course) and sit down to enjoy the lights on the trees and all the beautiful decorations. But for me that isn't what it is all about. This day, I reflect on the Gift. Not the gift that was purchased in the store, or the gift that is wrapped under the tree but the Gift that was given to us by a loving Heavenly Father. Isaiah the prophet spoke of this Gift and His mission: "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." These words were written in a time much like our time today. For me, I need this Gift everyday, not just at Christmas. By the way, this wonderful Gift is Jesus.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

3 comments:

The Farmer's Attic said...

Merry Christmas Willa! Pray that the Lord is able to speak to your heart through this season. May you draw closer to Him in the New Year!

Country Lane Peddler said...

May our Lord's blessings be upon you and your family this holiday season! Luv Ya Girl!

TJ said...

Willa,
Loved this post ! I am soooo thankful that I found your lil place on the net. You have been such a true inspiration to me and I'm sure lots and lots of others. You have such a warm and friendly spirit that shows through in your posts. May God richly Bless you and your loved ones. I hope that your Christmas is filled with warmth and love and I hope you make lots of wonderful memories !
Merry Christmas to you and yours
TJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...