Sunday, February 2, 2014

Do You Like Riddles?


If so, I have a small riddle for you.  This morning I read this passage and wondered if it were separated from the first portion I had read, would I know who this is talking about.   Isn't that what some riddles are, knowing the whole of a part?

Here's what I read.  Do you know who this is talking about? Who was with Him while He created this wonderful world around us?

"God sovereignly possessed me-the first, the basic-before He did anything else.

I was brought into being a long time ago, well before Earth got its start.

I arrived on the scene before Ocean, yes, even before Springs and Rivers and Lakes.

Before Mountains were sculpted and Hills took shape, I was already there, newborn.

Long before God stretched out Earth's Horizons, and tended to the minute details of Soil and Weather, and set Sky firmly in place, I was there.

When He mapped and gave borders to wild Ocean, built the vast vault of Heaven and installed the fountains that fed Ocean, when He drew a boundary for Sea, posted a sign that said NO TRESPASSING, and then staked out Earth's foundations, I was right there with Him making sure everything fit.

Day after day I was there, with my joyful applause, always enjoying His company, delighted with the world of things and creatures, happily celebrating the human family".  From The Message.

I know everyone is tired of snow and cold.  The photo above is from our last snow, we are expecting more to move in this evening.  The kids have missed a lot of school days in our area, I don't know how they will make them up.

I hope you have a joyful and blessed Sunday

~willa~

4 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Yes I agree it is Jesus Christ .

.Homemakers Tales said...

Lord Jesus Papa...With love fron Cornwall England xxx

Danice G said...

This is Proverbs 8:22. I also think that it is a foreshadowing reference to the then yet to come Saviour (Christ). The book of Proverbs is filled with so many beautiful passages, isn't it?

Patty Sumner said...

willa, I guess I am going to be different from everyone else...I believe it is speaking of wisdom... Proverbs 8 is about wisdom's call... Wisdom should affect every aspect or our entire life.... It took me a while to figure out the message version being from proverbs.. love the way it is translated in the message version... wisdom was there from the very beginning....Wisdom was present in creation...Godly biblical widsom is a must in our lives and for anyone who has succeeded in God's eyes....Great riddle... Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...