Wednesday, January 22, 2014
I Have A secret!
I know...I know... almost every one is sick of winter! I've seen it posted on all the social media spots I visit; even the picture of the poor snowman with a stake through his poor little heart! Some people are barely hanging on through this frozen month, hoping that next month the ground hog will declare that winter is over and spring is in sight. They have count downs on their blogs and FB pages. Hey, I'm not judging I'm simply stating what I'm seeing.
Well, I have a secret....I love winter! I know it's so quirky!
I can imagine the setting of Frost's poem; the snow covered limbs of the trees, the trails covered as the woods filled up with snow. I can even hear the jingle of the bells on the horse's harness as he shakes his head to question his owner"s decision to stop by such a lonely place. Like Frost, I would stop and linger there too.
In support of winter I am posting 10 reasons why I love winter?
10) I love bundling up and hiking in the cold; stopping for a rest and sharing a thermos of coffee and a treat with my sweetie.
9) I love the feeling of warming up after being cold. It's like the comfort of a cool hand on a fevered brow, except in reverse.
8) I love watching the snow fall and the quietness of it.
7) I love the cozy comfort of home after coming in from the cold
6) I love frosty breath in the cold air
5) I love scarves, mittens, sweat shirts, hoodies and sweaters; boots and leg warmers. Most of the clothes I love belong to winter.
4) I love warm soft blankets and snuggling under them.
3) I love soups and hearty bread, they are so much better when it's cold.
2) I love warm fires in the fireplace and the smell of the wood smoke in the winter air
And the number 1 reason why I love winter....
1) I hate being hot!
What do you like about winter?