Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Have A secret!



I know...I know... almost every one is sick of winter!  I've seen it posted on all the social media spots I visit; even the picture of the poor snowman with a stake through his poor little heart!  Some people are barely hanging on through this frozen month, hoping that next month the ground hog will declare that winter is over and spring is in sight.  They have count downs on their blogs and FB pages.  Hey, I'm not judging I'm simply stating what I'm seeing.

Well, I have a secret....I love winter!  I know it's so quirky!


 I do...I love winter!  I think Robert Frost was fond of winter too. With a last name like Frost and a penner of poems that often reflect snow, winter, winter evenings, warm fire glow and such, he had to be a lover of winter.

I can imagine the setting of Frost's poem; the snow covered limbs of the trees, the trails covered as the woods filled up with snow.  I can even hear the jingle of the bells on the horse's harness as he shakes his head to question his owner"s decision to stop by such a lonely place.   Like Frost, I would stop and linger there too.

In support of winter I am posting 10 reasons why I love winter?

10) I love bundling up and hiking in the cold; stopping for a rest and sharing a thermos of coffee and a treat with my sweetie.

9)  I love the feeling of warming up after being cold.  It's like the comfort of  a cool hand on a fevered brow, except in reverse.

8) I love watching the snow fall and the quietness of it. 

7) I love the cozy comfort of home after coming in from the cold

6) I love frosty breath in the cold air

5) I love scarves, mittens, sweat shirts, hoodies and sweaters; boots and leg warmers.  Most of the clothes I love belong to winter.

4) I love warm soft blankets and snuggling under them.

3)  I love soups and hearty bread, they are so much better when it's cold.

2)  I love warm fires in the fireplace and the smell of the wood smoke in the winter air

And the number 1 reason why I love winter....

1)  I hate being hot!

 What do you like about winter?


 Share...Inspire...Create...Believe

~willa~

3 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

I love winter to. Nesting at home on a snowy day is the best! Warm Blessings! Amy

Melanie said...

It's a permission slip to slow down in our neck f the woods. Our summers are so short. We are always on the go. We're always doing something outside.... The hibernating gives us a chance to rest....and quilt.

Unknown said...

I've lived with suffocating heat and humidity my entire life here in Florida, and when you mix them together they are awful. I will never get use to it. We hibernate here in the dog days of summer - even more so as I get hotter and lose a beach fit body. I think winter provides a special kind of silence. Even more so in snow country. The silence provides us with a quietness that allows us to rest and recoup. It's a time that God and nature provides for us for just these reasons.

With beautiful scenery like that it's no wonder you love winter and beautiful Robert Frost poems.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...