Monday, January 6, 2014

Hopeful



My word for the year is "hopeful".  I love the word hope, the sound of it is full of great expectation.  Such a big word for only 4 letters.  It's a word that sounds like it could take down giants in order to see something brought to fruition.  Webster defines hope as " to cherish a desire with anticipation".  The Bible links hope with faith "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".   This isn't passive hope that wrings its hands and is fearful something won't happen.  This is hope that believes it will happen and makes plans for it. That's the kind of hope I'm talking about.

So, in anticipation that it will happen, these are the things I am hopeful for this year.



I am hopeful that my family and friends will be in good health and prosper

I am hopeful that my Sweetie's new business will prosper and succeed

I am hopeful that I will paint more and open my Etsy Shoppe in late summer

I am hopeful that I will blog more regularly

I am hopeful that I will garden more this year

I am hopeful that my husband and I will find time to "get away" more often

I am hopeful that I will organize my house

I am hopeful that I will enjoy more family and friend get togethers

I am hopeful that  I will see healing in this country and not factions

I am hopeful that my older sister will be cancer free

I am hopeful that I will reconnect with old friendships

I am hopeful that I will stay connected to more recent friendships

Ok, I'll stop there but I could keep going, there is always something to be hopeful for.

What are you hopeful for this year?

5 comments:

jennifer768 said...

Beautiful post! Hoping for a healthy year for my family,friends and myself.Like you my list is long.My favorite word is believe and it goes right along with your word.Have a blessed day and it is my hope that your list all comes true.Blessings,Jen

Patty Sumner said...

I love this post.. "Hope"...one of my favorite biblical words too... I love the biblical meaning too..changes all we think or believe about things... not wishy washy but know so hope.....I know God has this kinda of hope! Love your list...I need to sit down and do the same... A list of Hopes... love that! it is good to start the year with a know so hope..I am glad you are going to be blogging more! Have a great day... Blessings!

Carolyn said...

Hope is indeed a wonderful word, full of meaning. Lovely post and I echo your hope for the New Year!
:o)

peggy said...

hi Willa, I always enjoy your posts and your pinterests too. Hope will keep us going no matter what comes.

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Thank you Jennifer,Felicia, Patty, Carolyn and Peggy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...