Monday, November 11, 2013

I finally finished




I had a great time painting this kerosene can.  It seems that the biggest problem with painting and finishing an item is starting it.  I've had this small kerosene can for a few years.  When I bought it I  expected that I would paint it sooner or later but I certainly didn't think it would be this much later!  Anyway, this is an Aly's Room original design; I sketched it last winter while I was waiting somewhere ( been too long to remember where).  I had received a Christmas card from someone and dropped it into my purse, so, while I was waiting (where ever it was) I pulled the card out of my purse and started to sketch this little winter scene ( I bet you didn't know envelopes are more purposeful than merely sending cards in).  While cleaning out my purse a couple of months ago (yes, it had been that long), I pulled out this little sketch and put it in my studio (where it belonged in the first place).  When the mood finally possessed me to paint, there was the envelope and the inspiration!  Funny how things work out...isn't it!







Till next time

~willa~

5 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

It turned out wonderful! Amy

Carolyn said...

Oh my! How cute! It turned out so perfectly that the time had to be just right. How I wish I had your talent!

Deb said...

Absolutely magical Willa, it was meant to be! Deb

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love this Willa!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love this Willa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...