Monday, November 18, 2013

Child's Shoe Mold



I love this little sprite's shoe mold.  I found it in one of my favorite antique shops a few years ago.  I've put off painting on it because it appears to be a hand crafted shoe form and I couldn't bear to cover up the tool marks on it. But, I realized I'm hiding it away and not using it so why not paint it so I will put it out on display.  I so hope this sweet little piece will be a family heirloom.This is an Aly's Room original design, I tweaked it a bit so it would fit on this small piece. 



As I painted this sweet little shoe form I must admit my mind drifted to the possible stories that might be attached to it.  I wondered how many shoes had been crafted from this mold?  What children had been the beneficiary of a pair of dress shoes or play shoes from its humble cravings? Had a dad sat up after his children went to bed and craved this piece and possibly stayed up other nights to design their shoes?  Had the children perhaps watched and added their input to the way they wanted the shoes designed? I feel so fortunate to have found little small piece of history.








Till next time

~willa~

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

So cute! Once upon a time, I had lots of these in my collection. I even had tiny infant sized shoe forms. I had a large man sized one that was jointed where the toes bend. Pretty neat!

I love anything made of wood, especially if it's old. Your painting really adds a lot of character to this piec.

Blessings!

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Thanks Carolyn and Felicia.

Deb said...

What a wonderful piece Willa, you did that wonderful little shoe mold proud with your beautiful painting. A family heirloom to cherish and a piece of history preserved. A perfect ending to the little shoe molds story! Deb

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love this Willa! Another wonderful creation

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Thank you Deb and Sandi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...