Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's a Slow Fade.....


It is indeed a slow-fade from summer to fall.  The summer green in the leaves is fading and they will soon be filled with the beautiful colors of autumn.  I'm sharing a few things from my gardens in this photo.  The hydrangeas were once a bright blue hue but autumn's call has dragged their color down to this soft muted pastel.  A couple of weeks ago this sunflower was bright yellow and standing tall in my vegetable garden. When I went out to cut it, it was slumped over and its face was pointed toward the ground...such a sad sight!  These acorns were green and seemed tightly glued to the tree limbs just a few weeks ago; but now they are falling by the bucket full and pinging off the deck as they hit. They make such a racket that it sound like the sky is falling.  The last time we had this amount of acorns falling Sadie, our border collie, was beside herself with anxiety, she is handling it much better this year.

Often autumn brings more than vibrant colors, cooler weather, sweaters and boots; it also brings change.  I have recently noticed that some of my favorite bloggers have called it quits on blogging or have cut back drastically.  I completely understand because life gets busy and  blogging can certainly take up a huge amount of time.  I will certainly miss them and feel a big empty spot knowing I won't be reading their wonderful stories and seeing their beautiful photos.  Funny, I have recently been revitalized to blog, I hope they will find some rest and come back strong again.  As for me, I hope to continue blogging and hope you will continue to follow me.

Til next time...

~willa~ 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful snapshots... Just goes to show there are blessings in every season. Sometimes we just don't look...Love your choices in music....

cynthia lee designs said...

Beautiful photo of Summer to Fall!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...