Friday, September 28, 2012

A Fall Treat....


Well, it's a treat for me and I hope you will enjoy it too.  I love bagels for breakfast and a couple of weeks ago I found some pumpkin bagels at Wal-Mart. I bought cinnamon sugar butter to go with the bagels but I prefer a bagel topped with cream cheese.  I searched a couple of stores for "pumpkin" cream cheese but came up empty handed.  I decided to take matters into my own hands and try to make some on my own; it can't be that hard...right?  Add some pumpkin to the cream cheese and mix.  As, it turned out, it was pretty easy, I simply googled for a recipe and found this one.  I mixed it up exactly as listed and it turned out scrumptous! You can find the recipe here.

In my cyber travels I found a recipe for home-made pumpkin spice coffee cream.  You can find that recipe here.  I don't normally use a liquid creamer in my coffee because they are too sweet for me but this recipe is delightfully balanced with flavor and a touch of sweetness. And what a great accompaniment to the bagel with pumpkin cream cheese.  You will be in for a treat with this combination!

The office I work at offers individual bottles of Starbuck's frappuccino, love the size and shape of these bottles so I asked my co-workers to save the bottles for me.  I decided to use some for dried herbs and some for other stuff, including this coffee creamer; it made the perfect little container, don't you think.

Till Next Time....

~willa~

3 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Yummmm.I'm going to try the cream cheese.Warm Blessings!~Amy

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Amy, you won't be disappointed. I sent a jar home with my daughter and she's asking for more.

bettyj said...

What a wonderful idea. Nothing tastes better than pumpkin anything this time of year. TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...