Friday, August 24, 2012

Kitch, Kitch


I never shared my finished kitchen backsplash here at the Old Cupboard Door. I've been waiting until I finished with all the decorating for my kitchen but who knows when that will be done. With my crazy work schedule any decorating around my house is hit and miss anymore. Regardless, I do love how the backsplash turned out! It goes along with my cottage style that I'm trying to create. And, I so appreciate my sweet hubby for doing it for me.



Of course I was his little helper. He installed it and I painted it. Honestly, I don't know which was more time consuming, the installation or the painting. Since I did the painting, I think it took the longest, but my sweetie may disagree with that. I'm still considering ideas of how to store my china I bought about a year ago. I want to use it everyday so I want to store it in a way that makes it easily accessible. One idea that I've considered and probably will use is to buy some corbels and make a shelf with them.



I still need to paint the walls.  The only reason I haven't yet is because I can't decide what color to go with.  But one thing I do know, I am going to hire someone else to do it.  I don't mind painting, I even kind of enjoy it, especially when someone else is helping but I really don't have the time to do it.  So, once I decide on a color, I'll get a few estimates for the job.  Who knows, I might decide to do it myself....sigh!

I know I mentioned in my last post about a zipline my hubby was injured on.  That zipline is one we installed on our property.  Well, my hubby and son installed it.  We've been having so much fun with it.  The guys are installing a launch platform so the line has been out of commission until they finish.  The GKs think the launch platform is a tree house so they will have a lot of fun with that.  I will be posting pics in a week or so to show you all the hard work that has gone into it.  Not only hard work but it is quite expensive to install one.  We have almost 4 acres, which most is wooded and the fellas want to use as much of it as they can for this venture.  Come on guys!  baby steps!

3 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Willa :) I like your back splash too. Of course my hubby would have to help me a lot. Home projects are hit and miss at our homestead too.
Those zip lines seem to be popular right now. My hubby's cousin put one in for his two sons. If I tried something like that, you'd probably see me on "Funniest Home Videos"... LOL.
Hugs~Carol

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I love your back splash,you have a beautiful homestead!!
Hugs,
Tricia

dee begg said...

I love your back splash. I wanted bead board for mine too, but the hubby wasn't agreeable, so he's making me cabinets with beadboard back. It's been slow going though. One cabinet done and another almost. We still haven't settled on our back splash as of yet.

Hiring someone to paint sounds like a great idea.

D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...