Monday, March 21, 2011

A window into my world....


My husband and I love to take walks; we walk through our neighborhood and other neighborhoods in our area; when we are on vacation, we walk through neighborhoods that are close to our hotel. On these walks we take time to admire the neighborhoods that we walk through. We enjoy their gardens, their houses, and often times peek through their windows. No, we aren't peeping Toms! You know what I mean. We stop at a house and take note of its architecture and wonder about the inside of the house. What does it look like; how is it decorated; what about the family that lives inside? I wonder about the day in the life of the people behind those windows. Where do they work? What do they do? Sometimes my Sweetie and I will make up things about those families. Stuff like; they have 10 kids (because the house is so big) and 3 dogs; the mom and dad own a successful bakery up the street. Sometimes we get ridiculous and dream up that the family owns 400 pair of shoes and vacations in a local hotel because they are afraid of traveling beyond their own town. The family makes their own wallpaper by using used gift wrap; they have a cement pond that really is cement. Or maybe it's a small house but the family is filthy rich and we come up with ideas of how they spend their money. We haven't done this in a very long time so I'm fresh out of ideas; we usually feed off of each other's banter. Anyway, we couldn't possibly know about the family behind those windows unless we knew them personally; to us they are complete strangers.

If you were to look through my window for the past 2 weeks this is what you would see. My daughter Aly had surgery two weeks ago. It was not a major surgery but it wasn’t a minor surgery either. She is doing well, recovering her strength and back in school (for those who haven’t read my post about Aly (my daughter) she is a senior in college). Last week I came down with a sore throat. It started Tuesday morning after I arrived at work. It gradually got worse so I left work thinking it must be something serious. I made a doctor’s appointment; slept until it was time to leave for that appointment; got to the doctor’s office on time and waited a short time to be called back. The doctor took one look at my throat and said “yep, it’s strep but gotta do the test just to make sure”. The test came back positive; took Wednesday off for the 24 hour quarantine. Still felt bad when I went to work Thursday. I was working on a project that ended up with a mistake so had to spend an additional 2 hours fixing it which made for a 10 hour day. Late Friday we got a call that a close relative of my husband’s had died. We got up early on Saturday and drove 10 hours to the funeral. We drove back (10 hours) today (Monday). It’s been a whirlwind! But, I must say I am grateful that my daughter is doing well; I, too, have recovered and we made it home safe and sound from our trip.

How about you? What’s happening behind your window?

~willa~

5 comments:

Denise said...

OMG!! Strep! That is a bad deal...... I have had that a couple of times in my life and it was terrible........ If you looked through my window you would see us hauling rock and sand and patio blocks and cleaning around the pool before taking the cover off....... Whew!

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hi Willa,
Glad your better. Glad your daughter is doing fine. Always something
I had a sinus infection a couple of weeks ago, but called in for a prescription and nipped that in the bud before it got worse. I had a bad one a couple of years ago and it drained out my ear and broke my eardrum in the process of draining!!!! I hope to never go through that again!!!! That's why I called right away.
I miss your paintings.

Lois

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Sounds like a fun time! That's the way my husband and I are too... you never know what we'll come up with (especially him!), lol.

Sorry to hear that you've been sick but glad you are feeling better and Aly too!

Denise said...

Checking to see how you are feeling now?

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Denise that is so sweet of you! Strep throat is the pits and I hope I never get it again. I'm feeling great! Thanks bunches for your concern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...