Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What I am working on.

Maybe your studio/craft room is like mine, shelves full of projects that are waiting to be done. Mine are certainly full and I can barely contain myself with the excitement of working on each project. The last two weeks I have been busy with other things that came up or things that need to be taken care of so I haven't had the time I want in my studio. But, I am finally back in there and my paint brush is flying. I'm working on a suitcase at the moment, painting a cute little design by Terrye French. I have a sled basecoated and have the pattern lined up for that. Coffee pots and other tins are basecoated and waiting their turn. Wow, I feel like it's Santa's toy shop, all the toys waiting for their turn on the table. These are just a few of the things that are lined up, I wouldn't want to overwhelm you with all the stuff on my shelves, they wouldn't all fit in a photo anyway. My Sweetie looks at it and shakes his head. "Honey, please don't buy anything else until you finish some of this stuff", he says so sweetly. What??? Doesn't he know that all that stuff keeps me motivated to work? If I ever reach for the last piece and finish it, my job is done and I can put away my paint brush; I must keep adding things to those shelves so I can keep painting. Somehow that just doesn't seem logical to him.

Don't forget to thank a veteran today for their service to our great nation. My husband served 24 years in the Air Force and I know the sacrifice that these men and women make. A big heart felt thank you to all our veterans, past and present. May God bless you!

4 comments:

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Perfectly logical thinking to me ;) I also have tons of 'projects' waiting patiently for me to get to them.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh What a sweet post today honey. I so love it. I had never really thought of it that way, but you are like Santa's toy shop, just working away to get finished in time for the Holidays.

My Gosh we can never get down to the last project. That would be horrible. I would feel like someone had taken my glue gun, my paper and embellishments away. No we are never finished. A crafter's work is never done.

Thanks for sharing sweetie. Stop by soon I so love to have you visit. I can't wait to see your sled when it is finished.

Country hugs, Sherry

I Play Outside The Box said...

My husband just say...."and what year will you paint that". I just smile.

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see what is next in your shop Willa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...