Thursday, November 12, 2009

from rags to riches

A lady called me today, her name is Valerie, she owns a fine art studio on Main Street in our small town. She had been looking at my Etsy site and called to ask about me painting on some furniture, such as small tables, small blanket trunks, etc; she thought they would sell in her studio. I'm going to have to think about this. Anyway, we have several antique stores on Main Street and a couple of wonderful thrift stores. One of Valerie's shop neighbors happens to own an antique store and knows the best auction house to buy from. Valerie told me I wouldn't have to buy the best pieces, which are more expensive but I could buy the lesser, more run down piece and make a treasure out of it. That gave me a chuckle, all this from looking at my Etsy shop. Well here is a trash to treasure piece I wanted to share with you. I found this vintage Sears suitcase at one of those thrift stores on Main Street. I primed it and painted it with this sweet Terrye French design. I added a snowman face, key and tag to the homespun wrapped handle. I can see this "Keeper of the Mittens" holding warm winter mittens and hats. Or maybe a place to store prized ornaments. Do you recognize this suitcase from the previous post? Click on the picture to see a close up view of it.

3 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Ooh my goodness...
It is from your finds at the thrift store. In the back of your previous post, you had that suitcase. Oh sweetie, he is the most precious thing I have ever seen. I love him. The keeper of mittens is so perfect for this painted case. I love it. What a beautiful job you did. What does your husband say now?

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what you paint on all of the other treasures that you purchase. Gosh darn this little guy is just precious.

Happy Friday the 13th. Country hugs, Sherry

Marie said...

Perfect design for that suitcase Willa. You did a fantastic job as usual.

Andrea said...

Love it! You always inspire me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...