Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Farmer's Market Sign


I had a busy weekend....as you can tell. I've been eyeing signs here and there online wanting to make one for myself.  Finally, I dug through the wood in the garage and with the aid of my Sweetie found the piece I needed.  He cut it to size then I sanded and painted it...of course.

I started with a 1x8x40 pine board.  I primed it then painted it with a coat of dark chocolate by DecoArt Americana. I added two coats of Buttermilk, also by DecoArt Americana.

I created the Farmer's Market graphics in PicMonkey and saved to my computer. I opened the document in Block Poster and printed out the PDF it generated. I traced the design on the prepared board and painted in the letters using Lamp Black by DecoArt Americana...of course.  Once the letters dried I sanded the board then stained it for an antique look.  After taking this photo I noticed the letters still looked darker than I wanted, I got the sand disk out and sanded over the letters again.  When I finally had the look I wanted I added two coats of matte poly to finish it.  I found a couple of black hooks to add to it so I can hang some baskets or tins. 

I ( I mean my Sweetie) will be hanging this over my kitchen window.  I'll take some photos once he's finished.

This project was inspired by Candace at Vinatagenewsjunkie   pay her a visit for more ideas and details for this sign.

Share..Inspire..Create..Believe
~willa~

5 comments:

Raggedy Creations said...

Love your sign Willa. I checked out Candace's blog too but didn't quite get what she was doing with the chalk????

Felicia

jennifer768 said...

Willa the sign turned out wonderful!I love it.Blessings,Jen

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the sign...it turned out great!!
~Cindy

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love this Willa!

Tracy Cotton Pickin Cute said...

I love it Willa!!! Y'all make quite a team. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...