Sunday, November 18, 2012

A cup of joe and a cookie....




for breakfast!  I love to have cookies, cake or pie for breakfast. I know it's not a healthy choice but one can't always choose healthy over yummy.  Oh, I love pizza for breakfast too!

My Sweetie called me a few days ago and asked if I would help him make some cookies for a Thanksgiving luncheon that his company was having last Thursday.  Well, of course I would help him.  So, that evening when I arrived home he had rifled through the recipe box and selected two potential cookie recipes. He had started to gather the ingredients together for both recipes. Well, I have to admit when I saw it all, one eyebrow shot up and my engaging welcoming smile sort of turned lop-sided.  Really....2 cookie mixes? Isn't that double the work and double the trouble?  He quickly settled on the snickerdoole recipe and we started to work.  He creamed the soft ingredients and I took care of the dry ingredients.  We mixed the two together formed the cookie ball and popped them in the oven. I have to admit this is a perfectly simple cookie recipe with great taste!

Snickerdoodle Cookies

1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
1/2 cup of shortening
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups of flour
2 tsp of cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of cinnamon

Sugar mix: 1 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. 

Heat oven to 350.  Mix sugar, butter, shortening and eggs. In a another bowl ( I use a gallon sized baggie to mix the dry ingredients) mix the dry ingredients).  Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients and mix by hand. Form into a cookie ball and press into sugar mix.  Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

This is one of our favorite holiday cookie recipes.  I hope you enjoy it.

If you haven't already, be sure to sign up for my giveaway. You can click on the giveaway icon on the right side bar and it will take you to the sign up post. 

Til next time.

~willa~

3 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

I have to admit....I am a sweet eater for breakfast too. I love cake and cookies for breakfast with coffee. Thanks for the recipe....that is a perfect breakfast cookie!

Shirlee said...

I too enjoy a sweet breakfast. I am looking forward to trying this recipe. Thank you for sharing : ) (Incidentally, I love your tablecloth or placemat or whatever that is on your welcome photo.)

Melanie said...

Completely in love with your dishes... You sparked a wonderful memory of making those cookies with my Mom when I was little.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...