Monday, October 15, 2012

Color My World


When you think of acorns what color comes to mind?  Brown? Plain old brown, boring brown, dull brown? Acorns are suppose to be brown ....right?  I picked these colorful acorns up in my back yard.  There were so many yellow, orange, brown and green ones scattered around. And right in the middle is a black acorn.  There were several of those laying around too. Don't they make a colorful display, nothing boring or dull here!  The hydragenas are from my garden too.  They were so pretty this year as they turned from blue to a lovely rose color. Their deep color sets off the color of the acorns beautifully.

As an artist I love and appreciate color! Maybe that's the reason I love autumn. All the bright yellows, oranges, purples, reds and the deeper blues are a feast for the eyes. It's like God took out a paint brush and painted a master piece. It seems that autumn never lasts long enough to enjoy all this wonderful color; in a few weeks it's faded and gone, turned to a dry dead brown. Maybe if the season was too long, we wouldn't appreciate it as much.  I hope to take time to enjoy it for as long as possible, I hope you will too.

Till Next Time

~willa~

1 comment:

TheCrankyCrow said...

GORGEOUS photo, Willa! I've never seen colored acorns like that before (other than wool ones I've felted....) ;o) And that hydrangea - what a beautiful rich shade. Alas, we're already in the dingy "brown" stage of fall here in Nod.... So, so, short that glorious burst of autumnal glory....Hope your week is off to a great start. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...