Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pleeeeze...Inspire Me!

Has anyone out there been struggling with inspiration? I certainly have! I need to be inspired in so many ways! First, to paint. I haven't painted anything since the first of the year. I want to but that driving inspiration simply isn't there. Second, my flower gardens are in great need of some TLC but, needless to say, I'm completely uninspired to work in them. Third, my house needs some freshening, such as paint, new curtains, new rugs; you know those things that can give a room a face lift but it's not happening because I've hit bottom in the inspiration department. I could keep going with fourth, fifth, sixth, but you get the picture so I'll stop there.

 I'm completely surprised that I'm uninspired to get these things done because, honestly, there is so much out there to inspire me. I've thought maybe it's not inspiration that's the problem but a lack of energy. But if you are truly inspired the energy to get it done is part of the package. Inspiration ignites excitement and excitement ignites energy.

 I found this little bit of inspiration (photo) on Pinterest. It does inspire me. I've been wanting to do a chalk board for my kitchen and the chalkboard in this photo has me excited to get started on it. I have some chalkboard paint and a frame, you can bet it is on my list of things to do this weekend. I so love the wire basket in this photo as well so I am going to try to find a way to add it to my finished chalkboard.

 One thing that I was inspired to do recently was put board and batton up in my dining room. Well, truthfully, I didn't put it up, my husband and son did. But I did help paint it. That's another post though. I have photos to share. Look at that, I am inspired to do another post.

Til next time

~willa~

8 comments:

Nanna said...

lol I feel your pain Willa! I think my sewing room's insperation problem is I can't get it to look like a "pinterest sewing room" lol! find an online challenge & see if that helps, Denise on PM is doing a challenge to decorate your porch for memorial day,I'm doing the "I will wear it in public challenge" over @ Ricochet and Away, my to do list grows faster than I can mark it off lol!
Helen

Angela said...

Well the lack of inspiration must be catching. This time last year I had over half of the items done for the only show I do in September. But this year, I can't make myself go to the sewing room and get down to business. Thinking I might just be tired of it. Hmmm, Maybe after the holiday weekend. Time is ticking and there's so much to do. Enjoy your weekend and we will try and get busy on Tuesday.!!
Angela

Lady Farmer said...

You definately are not alone! I have those same uninspired areas, too! Maybe it's the weather? :~D

BumbleBeeLane said...

I think we just go through periods like that.Let your soul rest and when it's ready the inspiration will flow.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Marilyn said...

you mentioned the flower beds needing care. I call things like that " Mindless " something you can do without thinking too much. just go out and start stirring up the soil and pick weeds, etc, you will love it it will soon progress and you will find your mind in a different place. I also find that while doing these mindless things, i often get new ideas in my head and then just have to go do them. it works for me. as i lay in bed right now with a bad case of vertigo, my mind is racing with tons of new ideas that i can't wait to get going on once i can get up and run my saws again. sometimes, just changing the perspective of how much you want to be inspired to just doing the "mindless" things you get going again.

Firecracker Kid said...

You've just inspired yourself to post... lol. I know where you're coming from. It's like, I get inspiration from everywhere, but would rather someone else do it while I tell them what I want. Oh, that's awful, I'm getting so lazy. I can't imagine you would be lazy though Willa :o) It'll come to you.
Hugs~Carol

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel in that department. I have the I hate my house days. I sometimes will look at decorating books to get inspiration. Now if I could just find the energy to do these things. I have been thinking of painting my living room a different color but what a chore that would be. I guess that is what holds me back. I like to be outside instead of in when the weather is nice and then nothing inside gets done. The weather is going to be really hot this weekend, so maybe I will get some things done inside. I hope your inspiration comes back soon.
Tamera
Country at heart

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hi Willa,
We all go through "non-inspiration" days!!! It will come back when your mind is ready for it. Just enjoy sitting back and relaxing...obviousily, that's what your body needs or you would be painting!!!!
Can't wait to see what you paint next!!! You do such a lovely job of painting!!! Wish I had half your talent!!!

Take and care and enjoy the holiday weekend!!

Lois

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...