Friday, September 23, 2011

Punkins 4 Sale.

My Sister in Law picked up some free cupboard doors last summer at a garage sale They were free....can you imagine!! I have enjoyed painting on these pieces. I love that they come with a built in frame. This is a design by Terrye French. The original design has Jack-O-Lanterns in the cart but I decided to use simple pumpkins so this piece could be displayed throughout the Autumn season. A couple of years ago I picked up some small prim trees at Michaels for their after Christmas sale. I also picked up some 35 and 50 light strands. Does it sound like some decorated holiday trees are on my list of things to do? If you are asking that question, well, the answer is "you betchya"! But first on my list is to finish a commissioned piece. It's a turkey door hanger. I'll show and tell once it is finished. Do you ever wish you had more time in your day. I do, and, I wish I had more energy to go with that time. By the end of my work day I am tired and ready to relax. I always think once I get home I will take a short rest and then start painting. But, most of the time it doesn't work out that way. I find myself only painting a couple of times a week. But that is better than nothing, sometimes you have to give yourself permission to do only what you can do. My husband and I have recently been watching home movies of our kids when they were young. One thing I have noticed about myself, in these films of when I was a young mother, is the energy I had. Where did that energy go? I've always been an energetic person, with body and mind engaged. Sometimes I would have trouble sleeping because even though my body was tired and ready for sleep my mind was still going at top speed. God in His wisdom certainly knew how to design us; to give us the energy we need while we are young parents and allow that energy to wain as we get older so we will slow down. Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway. Til next time. ~willa~

10 comments:

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Beautiful. I love it! What a great idea using cupborad doors!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love your painting Willa! I often too, wonder where my energy went. And yes, I do wish there were more hours in the day! Lol! Have a wonderful weekend!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the painting!!

Rachel said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite Terrye French designs...Great job Willa!!!
patti

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh - so love this piece Willa!! It's wonderful!! And, yeah - unfortunately - I know too well about the energy thing....but, you're right - God knows what he's doing in that regard! I could never keep up now - that's for sure! Happy Weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Sheila said...

Beautiful painting Willa!
I put out my fall things the other day and couldn't wait to put the fall themed coffee pot front and center on my hutch that I purchased from you last year!
I hope you find the time and energy to do what you like. (smile) Wish I had a magic potion to share with everyone, I certainly could use some myself.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Sheila
http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Love the painting, Willa.

Lois

Firecracker Kid said...

Me too... I thank God I had that energy and courage when my children were little, to get through all the parenting that I had to do. Whew! If I had to do that now... forget it... LOL.
Good idea to make your punkins regular for longer display time. It is an awesome painting, of course:-)
xoxo~Carol

Patty Sumner said...

Love this! Blessings and thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...