Friday, January 7, 2011



It is said that "confession is good for the soul"; with that said, I have a confession to make. I know most of you who visit The Old Cupboard Door love the Primitive style but I wanted to let you know about a new blog I have started. Starting a new blog is not my confession by the way. My confession is that I have been stuck between two styles; primtive and the cottage style. I have tried to make primitive work but my house just isn't cooperating, it thinks its a country cottage and truthfully it is; I think it's the many windows that let in tons of light. Anyway, this new blog is called "Maywood Cottage"; it will be a blog about the house's transformation into the cottage it longs to be, I will be sharing this process. I will also be sharing a few tutorials, having some giveaways, all the fun that I have here at The Old Cupboard Door. By the way, I will continue with this blog and all that I have been doing here. I hope you will stop by to check it out and sign on to follow. To visit click on the link below.

http://maywoodcottage.blogspot.com/

~willa~

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

How fun! I can't wait to see the transformation :-)

Firecracker Kid said...

Ah Willa, I'm like you and torn between the two too. I love the look of the shabby romantic cottage, the colors. Our family room is a primitive room and our living room is more vintage cottage. Oh, what to do:) I'm off to visit your new blog!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Ah girl, I think it's great that you are going with what your heart is telling you to do! Don't feel bad about it here in blogland, just go decorate to your little heart's cottage content and share with us all that you are doing. =] I am heading over to your new blog now to follow it. Have FUN with it!

BumbleBeeLane said...

I love primitive but get caught up in the romance of the cottage style.I love the french country too.Go with what your heart adores.If you do, it won't matter what "style" you pick because you'll be surrounded by the things that call to you.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Patty Sumner said...

Just came across your blog while browsing blogland! I love it and am soooo going to check out your new blog. I too, am torn between several styles, I love cottage too and farmhouse country and french country and prims....such is life....share what you have girl! Blessings!

Deb said...

LOL,I'm going through the very same thing Willa, love prim but find myself being drawn to other styles. I can't wait to watch your cottages transformation, off to follow you at Maywood Cottage and I will of course continue to follow you here. Happy journey! Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...