Sunday, January 16, 2011

A few of my favorite things:



http://maywoodcottage.blogspot.com/





This is a hickory cabinet door. Most people would look at it and wonder what to do with it. I look at it and wonder what I can paint on it. My SIL found several of these doors at a local garage sale. That part is sweet enough but the really sweet part is that they were free...yes, FREEEEE! I'm thankful she thought of me and picked them up. It's not lovely yet, but it's getting there. My brush is flying to finish a Terry French design on this before I leave. I need followers for Maywood Cottage and this is going to be a give away for that blog. If you sigh up to follow before I post the actual giveaway which will be Monday or Tues, and, comment on one of the posts there, I will give you an extra chance to be the lucky winner of this door. How is that for arm twisting?

Enjoy your Sunday!

~willa~

12 comments:

flutterbygone's said...

Done deal!!!! :o) What a dear..you AND your sister!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Excited to see what you come up with.I'm following both blogs.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Debbie said...

What a wonderful blank canvas! I am heading over to visit now!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Willa,
I'm looking forward to see your finished painting. Have relaxing Sunday. ~Natalie

Beckyjean said...

Don't you just love freebies. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Becky

Jocelyn said...

I am already following :-)

countercrafts said...

Please enter me into your giveaway. I am a follower on both blogs! Thank you so much! Take Care and God Bless! Donna, gmills4@suddenlink.net

Unknown said...

I saw a canvas just waiting to be painted also! Can't wait to see what you paint on it.

cynthia lee designs said...

I love Terry French designs...I have lots of her patterns and books, but I'm so busy embroidering that I haven't been painting much. I hope to paint more items this year for my craft shows.
Can't wait to see what you paint on the free doors that your sister give you!
~Cindy~

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh how neat! How sweet of your sister to think of you! I know whatever you paint, it will be wonderful.

Unknown said...

What a gift you were given I love all of your favorite things....What an inspiring soothing blog...I am so happy I found you...Have a wonderful creative day God Bless Patricia

Farming On Faith said...

Oh Willa~
Count me in. I would be blessed beyond measure to get one of your sweet paintings.

Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...