Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my blogger friends. I enjoy this holiday season and have so much to be thankful for. First and foremost, I am thankful for my Saviour, Jesus Christ. I am thankful for my husband, children and grandchildren. I am thankful I live in a country where its citizens enjoy freedom. I am thankful for the job I have even when I wish I could stay at home. Many are out of work and desperately looking for a job, I feel fortunate. I am thankful that we have heat this morning since it is cold outside.

Aly, our daughter came home from ODU in Norfolk, VA yesterday. Our son, Nick and his family are here. We've invited a couple from our church over. They moved here from Texas and are away from their family during this holiday where families come together. It's not exactly a house full, as many of you will have, but it's a quaint gathering and we will be giving thanks for our many blessings. Of course there is lots of food on the menu and I'm sure a game or two will be watched. Our "thing" about Thanksgiving is to go around the table as we eat and ask what each person is thankful for. We try not to make it the standard “I’m thankful for my wife, I'm thankful for my husband, I'm thankful for my children...." we are all thankful for these things; but, we try to encourage each person to stop and think of all their blessings. This year we are handing out 3x5 cards and asking each person to write something they are thankful for. We will collect the cards and then re-distribute them to be read by someone else. Then, that person (the person reading the card) will comment how they see that blessing in the writer’s life. It will be interesting to see how all this works out.

I hope you have a delightful Thanksgiving with family and friends and may you find blessings today you didn't recognize before.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving too. Enjoy your day.

Jean Tuthill said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, we did, too. Have a great weekend.

Denise said...

Very quiet here also.... With both Mom and Dad going home this year we were down to just 5 of us.. I know that they are celebrating with the Christ that we all long to see but I sure do miss them....... BUT the 5 of us had a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...