Saturday, July 17, 2010

Recipe for Iced Coffee

I don't know about your neck of the woods but my patch here is hot, hot, hot. We did have some rain a couple of nights this week and my poor flower gardens are grateful.

I know I have mentioned it here before; I love coffee! hot or cold. I especially enjoy iced coffee when the weather is as hot as blue blazes, like now. If you like iced coffee too, you know that the cost of these drinks add up when you purchase them at your favorite coffee shop. So, why not make them youself? They are just as refreshing and delicious. Here's a recipe I like to use.

2 Tablespoons of instant coffee
1 Teaspoon of sugar
4 Tablespoons of hot water
3/4 of a cup of whole milk (cold)

In a jar with a lid, mix the instant coffee, sugar and water. Shake well to dissolve coffee granules. It should be foamy. Add this mixture to a glass of ice. Pour in the milk. Stir and enjoy.

For a different variation, add flavored syrups. If it is too sweet adjust the sugar.

You will find some great coffee recipes at this website. Check them out.
http://folgers.com/enjoy-coffee/drink-recipes.aspx#mocha_ice_cafe

4 comments:

Tina❀ said...

I've been gone for so long and I'm not sure when I'll be back with blogging. But I love your blog and I have missed it. The ice coffee sounds yummy, I'll definitely give it a try.

Soggibottom said...

Looks good. x x x

Firecracker Kid said...

I would even drink this in this heatwave we're having. Geesh! Hot hot hot!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I went back and found this old post.. and I remember loving it and writing it down and I was going to make it one day but I never did. I am sad to see that you have to get up so early to get to work.. (my husband gets up at 3:30) for your job that changed your hours. Maybe you can come back on the weekends and blog.. I am sure I am not the only one that has missed you.

hugs Shirley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...