Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vintage Folding Milk Stool


I found this vintage folding milk stool at a local antique shop; I feel fortunate to have found it. I had looked at one a few days earlier at a different antique shop, the piece was part of a silent auction and the current bid was already higher than I wanted to pay. But as Abraham Lincoln said “good things come to those who wait…”.

I can imagine this stool propped against a stall in the barn or hanging on a rusty nail on the rough barn wall. Each morning and evening the farmer reached for it, positioned it just right and commenced with his/her morning and evening chore of milking ol Buttercup. I painted this special piece with a pattern by Terrye French. This sweet pattern is reminiscent of days gone by so it was a perfect piece for this stool.

8 comments:

Sheila said...

What a cute little stool. One can only imagine the stories that would be told if some of the treasures we all find on our hunts could talk!
Have a wonderful day~

Jody said...

Precious piece Willa..I so enjoy seeing your new pieces, always a delight!

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

I have one just like it, only without the stencil. It belonged to my husband's aunt. I just love it.

Lynn Barbadora said...

How darling Willa...you chose a perfect design to paint on it! I just love everything you do......you really put a lot of thought into what you paint on a piece.
Hugs,
Lynn

Soggibottom said...

I really love this find of yours. Lucky you. x x x

Anonymous said...

what a sweet primitive piece. great job.

Tina❀ said...

Willa, I think this is my favorite that you have done. For some reason the song "Mama's little baby loves shortnin' bread" comes to mind. This is precious.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I agree... this painting is perfect for this stool! Very cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...