Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Market Place

Good Monday Morning Blogger Friends. I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. My Monday Marketplace feature is Susan with KeepSake Korner. Susan is a fellow Old Farmhouse Gathering artisan. Her shop is packed with beautiful spring time pretties. I have added an interview Susan did for the OFG team and some photos of the lovely things she offers in her Etsy shop. Please take notice of other places Susan can be found at the end of this interview.





What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
KeepSakeKorner. Actually,there is no specific reason for picking this name. I wanted a name that reflected a country feel,what my items generate in your mind. I played around with some names for a few days. Talking a lot to myself ! LOL

How long have you been on Etsy?
it will soon be 2 years. Wow, where does the time fly too?



What type of items do you offer?
Right now I have fun items for Spring on. For a while I was offering necessities.I will incorporate more of them into my shop later. I seem to go in spurts with my designing. When I began in the Country Crafts during the later 80’s, the cloth doll designs were my thing. Then I love the whimsical, story book and vintage look.


How long have you been crafting?
I have been crafting since I was a wee one. My grandmother taught me to sew at the tender age of 5. Actually, I would play in her scrap bag, watch her sew, she taught me little things before sitting on the chair before the throne (sewing machine). I have always dabbled in many mediums, drawing, sculpting etc. When I see something new my thought is always "I can do that." Then I will just to prove I can.


Who or What inspires you?
First, my grandma Edith, whom raised me, gave me the love to create with sewing. Now, many things inspire me but at the top of the list is God's Creation! Just look at all the beautiful colors that God made, He designed and gave to us to use. Then I love looking back to antiques and vintage items.


What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
Right now I have a Cloth Chick N Egg Pull Toy. I had fun creating this design. Finished the Chick on the antique spools the a thought came to me..."put an egg on top." Well, then that evolved to "put an egg with legs and feather on head onto the chick." See....it never ends LOL



Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KeepsakeKorner
Blog: KeepSakeKorner.blogspot.com

5 comments:

I Play Outside The Box said...

Cool feature...nice items!!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Very nice feature, we both picked Susan today :)
Kim

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww what a wonderful interview. Susan is so sweet and makes such sweet handmades. Very nice Willa. Thank you:)

KEEPSAKE KORNER said...

Thank you so much Willa. I feel honored to be picked.
Hugs
Susan

Unknown said...

Wonderful pick, Susan does some amazing work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...