Friday, January 29, 2010

No More Interruptions....I hope.

I’ve been busy working on a project. This is a sewing machine box I found at a local antique shop. As always I found it (along with another one) tucked away in a corner of the vendor’s shop. At least it wasn’t dusty and covered in cobwebs. I’ve been busy painting a design on it. It’s a "Spring Thing" so it has rabbits and carrots and such. The painting is done, now I am sewing some rabbits and some carrots. I’m hoping I will find some dried lavender left in my garden from last year to go with it. I was planning on having it done by today but I’ve had a few interruptions (and played some too) so I’m behind schedule. I have another dental appointment today, that’s definitely an interruption, maybe it will be done by this evening or best by tomorrow. Don’t you just hate interruptions when you are working on something you want to finish? I know interruptions are a part of life but they sure are aggravating especially when they come at the most inopportune time. Of course I am sitting here typing on this post when I should be sewing those rabbits. I'll post a pic when the project is finished. Just thought I would show you the "raw" piece that I start with rather than only showing the finished item.

We have snow moving in tomorrow. Looks like it is going to be flurries all day but at least it is snow. It is COLD! Last night we started a fire in the woodstove, it’s nice and cozy in the house. The grocery shopping is done, the errands are done, looks like it is going to be a delicious day to stay in and craft.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Love your sewing machine box! I'm another one who hates to be disturbed when I'm busy working on something that I'd like to get finished. Can't wait to see the finished item!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

Cant wait to see it all finished! I get side tracked so easy lately. I feel like I am going from one thing to another and I hate that too. Good luck getting it all finished.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I have a sewing machine box that belonged to my grandma and I LOVE it! I can't wait to see what you've done. It sounds adorable!

Now those are the kind of days when it's good to be home! Errands done, cabinets are full of groceries, fire in the fireplace and snow on the ground. I love that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...