Saturday, October 31, 2009

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Do you ever have to say these words to yourself when you are up against something difficult. I know I say them, and I often say a prayer as well. I can't tell you how many times I have to say that prayer when I am working on a painting. There are many times when I am trying to figure something out, how to do this or how to do that, what color to use, what to add, what not to add, it can be overwhelming and truthfully I feel like giving up. I have felt this way about selling on Etsy, when I am working hard and and no one is buying, I think, "why am I doing this"? Am I wasting my time and efforts, maybe there is another avenue I should take. The bottom line is I love painting, I love taking one thing and making it into something different. Isn't that what we do when we craft? If it is sewing, you take a flat piece of fabric and make it into something different, something with dimension, something with purpose. If it is making jewelry, you take a little of this and a little of that and make it into a thing of beauty that someone will enjoy wearing. If it is altered art, you take a piece of this and a piece of that and make into a beautiful art form. If it is painting, you add a little of this color and a little of that color and turn a piece of wood, canvas or metal into a work of art. Anyway, somewhere along the line most of us become discouraged for one reason or another and want to give up or wonder if it is worth it. It is usually at this time that something or someone comes along to encourage us. Maybe it's a customer who loves what we made, or maybe it someone who tells us what a wonderful job we do. Or maybe it's that sell that comes in the nick of time. Or maybe it's something that I haven't listed here but has come to you at just the right time, when you needed it.
Maybe you are at this juncture like I am and need a little encouragement. I hope and pray it comes your way. I know it will come my way because it always does. God knows when to send it and He knows when and how to send it to you too. Don't give up, keep going, you never know what is around that next corner. It could be the biggest success you have known to date. I hope it is.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Will,

You have done just what you have talked about in your blog. You have encouraged me today and I pray for you too that you get the encouragement you need. Thank you.

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Thanks Andrea! I need all the prayers that can be said on my behalf and I appreciate you saying one for me.

Prim Smiles!
willa

bhursh1 said...

Hi Willa, I can't even begin to tell you how many times you have encouraged me. I am inspired by your talent and creations all the time.
Blessings!

The Old Cupboard Door said...

Oh Betsy, you are such a sweetheart! Pat yourself on the back for my dear you are an awesome encourager yourself. Ditto!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Willa sweetie!
I just found your blog, and I am so thrilled. My goodness have you ever inspired me. I cannot wait to try my hand at some of those peppermint rounds and sticks. Your video is so wonderful, you did a great job narrating as you went along.
I cannot begin to thank you enough for sharing your wonderful talent to paint with me. I am only a beginner, but I am willing to try anything at least once. You cannot say you can't if you haven't tried something at least once. I surely do want to try.

I have signed up to follow your blog. Oh sweetie, I so love your beautiful talents. Thank you again for sharing with me. Please stop by and say hi. I would be so honored to have you follow me as well. Country hugs, Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...